- Managing and maintaining the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure infrastructure supporting Neota Logic and its customers.
- Tuning our cloud-based delivery systems to achieve excellent availability, responsiveness and performance.
- Ensuring that our networks and applications are secure.
- Managing backups, databases and SCM (like git).
- Helping to document architecture, networking and security - both internally and externally.
- 2+ years of professional experience administering public cloud systems, in particular AWS (EC2, RDS, etc.) and Azure.
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one dynamically typed scripting language like Python, Perl, or Ruby (Python preferred).
- Hands-on experience administering SQL relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- The ability to come up to speed quickly and thrive in an environment rich in complexity.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner.
- The ability to work independently and achieve established goals with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, but with a solid grasp of the bigger picture.