Date: Tuesday 10th March 2020
Time: 8.30 – 10.00am
Venue: Hawksmoor Guildhall
70 legal departments across the globe were surveyed, and more than two dozen GCs were interviewed. Here are the key findings from the report:
- Automation of repetitive, low-value work has become more commonplace in-house. Tools for automating non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and self-serve tools are widely provided by GCs as examples of successful recent tech projects.
- Just over one-third of the in-house legal teams surveyed say they use tools to automate contract and data management, while NDAs and other forms and templates are automated by 8% and 14% respectively.
- One-third of in-house legal teams surveyed report they have a dedicated annual budget for legal technology but a third are not currently exploring new tools.
- Two-thirds say their company’s IT department is involved in the decision-making process for implementing technology, with procurement and the C-suite involved for a third each as well.
- For half the survey’s respondents, less than 50% of their legal spend is on outside counsel. They are therefore looking for ways to reduce internal costs.
- Only 33% of those surveyed have a legal operations role within their team
Neota Logic invites you to discuss and debate these findings with your peers over breakfast at Hawksmoor.
This event is strictly for General Counsel & Legal Operations professionals only.